Consumer values are changing. With a newfound emphasis on “me” as luxury, brands must pivot their strategy for engaging customers, to reflect the desire for transformative, personal experiences.
- Connectivity in consumers’ lives – there is a movement away from constant connectivity, and the world of ‘instant gratification’. For brands to meaningfully engage today’s consumer, there is a need to understand his or her changing values and what’s most important.
- The De-Personalization of Personalization – the inundation of information and content today actually creates a more impersonal environment. Consumers are looking for a core connection with brands, that speaks to their unique needs and personal aspirations.
- “I am the new focus. Know me, understand me.” – Beyond experiences, people want to engage in brand stories that tap into their transformative selves – today more than ever, it’s about “what do I feel?” “where do I want to be in life?” and “what am I passionate about?”.
- Brands must earn the privilege to be intimate – The control is in consumers’ hands, and to develop a personalized, intimate relationship with customers, brands need to earn trust. We no longer own the dialogue.
- You need humans to get at the nuance – Data and analytics capabilities today help brands to develop more contextual relevancy when engaging consumers, but even the best applications of AI or data need the unique human perspective.
Listen to the full podcast of Episode 4 on SoundCloud.